When I used to live in Louisiana, a man on the corner in the hood was always selling some type of card. Somedays he'd be selling Wal-Mart Gift Cards worth $1,000 for $500 dollars (i think these were stolen) or foodstamps for cash.
Anyway, it got me thinking about Gift Card Exchange. I got a gift card from someone this holiday, and I hated the store! So this site lets you exchange your gift card for cash... dinero...$$$...!
So next time someone gives you that horrible gift card to that store that you absolutely hate, no need to roll your eyes, cringe, or try to sell it on the corner...Just head to Gift Card Exchange. Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
When I used to live in Louisiana, a man on the corner in the hood was always selling some type of card. Somedays he'd be selling Wal-Mart Gift Cards worth $1,000 for $500 dollars (i think these were stolen) or foodstamps for cash.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
We love the Robot Happy Laura USB Memory... Swarovski really stole our imaginations with this one. Meet Robot Happy Laura:
Not only can she hold 2.0 GB of storage (2,000 photos or 500 songs), she's a Tech Geek Fashionista that can be worn as a pendant or a charm. Her entire body is set with Swarovski crystals and her ears light up (LED) when data is transferred. Check out her moves:
However, did you know that Robot Happy Laura was Naughty Raymond's girlfriend??? Meet Naughty Raymond...
Naughty Raymond is the hottest bad boy around with the same specifications as Happy Laura, they are a match made in computer heaven. Naughty Raymond USB Memory Key has a black body set with Swarovski crystals and is definitely bad ass... check out his moves:
These cuties are a little pricey at $180 each, definitely not right for a recessionista, but a great option for the money makers... Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Friday, December 19, 2008
The Technology Starlet is happy to announce the two Stylefeeder users who have won The Technology Starlet chicBuds Holiday Gift Giveaway. Each winner has won 6 chicBuds to give to their family and friends this holiday season!
1ST WINNER: CHRISTINE LAMB aka Stylefeeder's mandiwylde2012
What was I wearing?
“I was wearing a dark purple bow hair band, silver personalized name necklace, purple bubble hem tube dress (my favorite!), and purple ribbon flats( sry...can't see it in the picture!)
Technology device I was using?
“ I was using my Sony Ericsson W380i purple cell phone that matches my outfit!”
2ND WINNER: SHON ADAMS aka Stylefeeder's tukute
What was I wearing?
“I was wearing a burnt orange square cut top from A'Gaci, a brown crochet material scarf purchased from forever 21, and my earrings are vintage gold tear drops.”
Technology device I was using?
“The LG Voyager- Touch screen, flips open with a keyboard which makes texting easier, mp3 player and you can watch television on it...I love it!”
Special thanks to chicBuds and Stylefeeder for partnering with me this holiday season!
Happy Holidays! Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Posted by Tierra M Wilson at 12:11 PM
Thursday, December 11, 2008
- A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops is cuffing her wrists with the Red Crocodile Bracelets from Nancy Gonzalez!
- Caged Lilies - Feeling russian. Chanel pre fall 09 review
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - I’m having a girl moment…
- Couture Allure Vintage - Couture Allure takes a look at fashion photography of Hiro from 1966.
- Debutante Clothing - Vintage Dress Silhouettes Over the Decades
- Fashion Birdcage - MATERIALBYPRODUCT Template Spring Summer 09 Collection
- fashion in my eyes - Coco in motion
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Fashion Pulse’s runway look of the day is none other than Rodarte’s Grecian goddess gowns - check out what we think about it!
- Fasshonaburu - Why should the mortgage companies and auto industry get all the breaks? A fashion industry bailout proposal.
- Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy - At Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy diamonds are a girl’s best friend!
- Iole in fashion - Sunglasses
- O.M.O. Writes - FASHION ICON: International Stylist, Catherine Baba. Hailed the “most stylish woman in Paris,” she epitomizes glamour and gaudiness!
- Shopping and Info - The scoop on Nicole Richie and Kim Kardashian wearing Rozae Nichols
- Style Discovery - Introducing young designers from the West Australian Institute of Fashion and Textile. Style Discovery’s show coverage, interviews and more.
- SwanDiamondRose - Mandy aka Yarnageddon is co-author of the upcoming Yarnbombing book.
- The Subadult Years - My fabulous sample sale example with Canadian designer Lucian Matis
- Tierra M Wilson - Fashion Gives Back In Arizona
- Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy - How to wear vests part 1: how the ladies rock it
- Dirty Laundry - Red: The first of a week long monochromatic experiment.
- dramatis personae - Bringing Back Burlesque… ways for the average girl to incorporate the glamour and glitz of Burlesque in to her wardrobe.
- Daisy Fairbanks Vintage - Pinkaholism. Love pink? Hate it? Find out more.
- la boudoir - Perfect Party Picks - Dresses to wear to that upcoming holiday party
- Little Black Book - The guide to online clothes shopping and where to look.
- In Life and In Fashion - Hibernation Helper: How to stay stylishly warm when it is c-c-c-cold outside! Brrrr!
- Or False Glitter - -Style crisis! Do we choose our style or does it choose us?
- shopfair - A guide to successful color matching. Find the right colors for your skintone and create colorful outfits.
- Style Symmetry - I Love London! Do you?
- THE COVETED - DIY : Turn old sweaters into lovely opera gloves.
‘Tis the Season
- AlysiaMarie.com - Trend Guide this Season =)
- Diary of a Style Addict - Is telling you how to get 10 smackeroos for your desigenr shopping this holiday season
- Mademoiselle Robot - Stylish gift ideas for your favourite sister (see also mum, grandma etc)
- Retro Chick - Last Minute Gifts for disorganised Retro Chicks
- The Sassy Peach - The Sassy Peach Holiday Gift Guide! 20 gifts under !
You are Beautiful
- ShopDiary - finds some fantastic deals on cosmetics and fragrances at Costco, of all places!
- Summershoes - Tips and Tricks and Beauty Secrets: Easy to make Papaya Mask
- Your Style Star - Hot Lip Tips
Friday, December 5, 2008
The Fabulous Vivienne Tam Digital Clutch, technically HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam edition series is finally here! Style.com had this to say:
"Flaunt your style with the HP Mini Vivienne Tam Edition. Lightweight and fashion-forward, it's the must-have digital accessory of the season. Bursting with the same fabulous florals found in Vivienne Tam's Spring 2009 collection, this mini comes with fashionable wallpaper, 8-color finish and custom slip cover! Stay on top of what's "right now" with e-mail and Internet access on the go. And stay connected in style. Get the digital accessory that turns heads at tech-chic.com "
Vivenne Tam and HP are pulling out all the stops on this one. Check out some of the fun things I did today trying to get the inside scoop on the digital clutch:
I Played the Vivienne Tam Virtual Catwalk Game
Okay this was just too funny (check out my picture below). I got to choose 5 Vivienne Tam Virtual pieces that I would rock on the catwalk, uploaded my headshot, and hit the runway (LOL)...
I Downloaded & Installed The Design Your Digital Life with Vivienne Tam Application
This allowed me to pimp out my desktop, I changed the background, changed Mozilla Icon to a flower, changed my screensaver, read Vivienne Tam Beauty Tips, listened to a podcast, checked out the blog design, and much more. Pretty cool application.
Okay, we know its fun and fabulous but what about the specifications???
- The price starts at $699.99
- Original vivienne tam design
- 2.25 punds and 1 inch thin
- Email, IM and HP Mini Web Came
- 10.2 inch LED display
- 1 year HP Warranty
- SmartFriend Calling Card
- 1 GB of memory
- 16GB hard drive
- 3G broadband connection
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- 2 Universal USB ports
- Integrated Speakers
- 3 Cell Lithium Polymer Battery
Okay so either Buy It or Admire It, whatever you do respect the fact that fashion and technology is slowly but surely becoming one!
Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
"You may want to clear up some space on your calendar today, because we have loads of great links this week. Wondering what to you your ‘dumbass boyfriend?’ (hehe) Well, Smart Geezer gives us 10 tips on buying clothes for men. My Fashion Frenzy may be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from her experience with Black Friday. We’ve also got loads of great vintage posts, Couture Allure parties like it’s 1959, Debutante Clothing tells us why a zipper is scandalous (if you’re Joan Crawford) and The Coveted dishes on 13 Vintage Holiday Party Dresses. On the inside, don’t forget to stop by Petite Bourgeois to read about the man behind Ford Models, and 39th and Broadway let’s us know what we didn’t learn in Fashion School."
-Independent Fashion Bloggers
- 39thandbroadway.com - The nitty, gritty, down and dirty, details of working in the fashion industry that nobody prepares you for!
- A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops is giving away two to-die-for Katherine Kwei ever so chic handbags!Enter to Win!
- Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy - Look divine this season, whatever your budget, in hot holiday jewellery
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - Which came first…the button or the button-hole?
- Clutch 22 - Clutch 22 cut up a dress to create DIY Studded Oxfords
- Couture Allure Vintage Fashion - How to party like it’s 1959! Vintage looks for a 50th birthday gala.
- Daisy Fairbanks Vintage - Bringing out your inner Betty Draper, channeling the glamour of the early 60s with Mad Men fashion.
- Debutante Clothing - Vintage Fashion History - What’s Wrong with Bows and Zippers?
- dramatis personae - An interview with Xenia of Lime Crime Makeup (and Doe Deere Blogazine) about her new make-up line.
- fashion in my eyes - Word on the street with Sasha Pivovarova
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Fashion Pulse finds ways to get all gussied up for holiday parties via Target for under !
- Fasshonaburu Fashion - Gift Guide for shopping for the label-obsessed, Gossip Girl watching teen during these economic hard times.
- Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy - Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy is loving these effortless-looking, chic looks! Yay for black! It always works!
- If Wishes Were Clothes Horses… - My exclusive interview with eccentric stylist, editor, notorious club personality and club night host JACK MITCHELL. He doesn’t mince his words, check it out…
- In Life and In Fashion - Handbag Heaven or Hell? A perfectly organized handbag!
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - How To Write The Perfect Holiday Gift Guide
- Mademoiselle Robot - My crush on Claire Fisher from Six Feet Under.
- MY Fashion Frenzy - My FIRST ‘Black Friday’ experience. “The phrase “crazy holiday shoppers” is an understatement!”
- Nothing Elegant - Artist Gustave Klimt and his lifelong partner Emile Floge were influential fashion reformers, and their work is still inspiring designers today.
- Or False Glitter - Advertising perfume: the mystery behind a physical representation of smell
- Pencil - sd looks at how some bloggers use what they already have to create a completely unique and one-of-a-kind look.
- Petite Bourgeoisie - John Caplan - The Man Behind Ford Models
- respectfully yours - stylish gentleman: daniel craig as james bond.
- Shopping and Info - Shopping and Info has the info on what Demi Lovato wore at the Twilight Premiere.
- Smart Geezer - Girls! 10 Tips For Men’s Clothes Shopping!
- Style Discovery - Who’s liking to my blog? Style Discovery’s 3rd bloggin tip post.
- Style Symmetry - Stop by and Celebrate our One Year Blogaversary!
- Stylish Thought - The Good Side of Sequins
- Technology Starlet - The Technology Starlet chicBuds Holiday Gift Giveaway
- The Bare Skinny - Fashion on the Go…Fabulous Iphone Apps.
- THE COVETED - Lucky 13 Vintage Holiday Dresses
- The Style PA - Going gaga for Lady Gaga. How one women is changing my mind about eighties fashion…
- we wear things - We Wear Things goes Masked Avengers!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Technology Starlet Readers get first look at a top secret online sample sale with up to 70% off designer items…Read the details below and get to Shopping!
As part of a special holiday promotion, The Top Secret is announcing special designer sales happening for fall/winter 2008.
Hidden behind an elegant red envelope as part of its exclusive appeal, TheTopSecret.com is an invitation-only sample sale Web site providing members access to designer women's and men's shoes, clothing and accessories with discounts up to 70% off retail. Each online sale runs 1-3 days. And of course, first sale quality and deep discounts are always guaranteed.
This season as part of a special holiday promotion, TheTopSecret.com is letting more consumers in on the secret by announcing special designer sales happening for fall/winter 2008. The list includes:
Betsey Johnson Outerwear: Tuesday, December 2nd – Wednesday, December 3rd
Vix Swimwear: Wednesday, December 3rd – Thursday, December 4th
Liz Claiborne outerwear: Thursday, December 4th – Friday, December 5th
Cole Haan outerwear: Monday, December 8th – Tuesday, December 9th
Ed Hardy men's and women's apparel, caps and handbags: Wednesday, December 10th – Friday, December 12th
Marvin Richards outerwear: Wednesday, December 17th – Thursday, December 18th
Items in this incredible line up of designer names are on sale up to 70% off retail.
As a member you can accrue credits for inviting your friends to join The Top Secret. Each friend who registers and makes a purchase is worth $25 towards your next purchase.
What did others have to say about TheTopSecret.com?
"TheTopSecret.com is a hot new online sample sale site. That means you can shop a virtual sample sale at this site and get deep discounts on designer clothing, shoes, accessories and more," said Reva McEachern, Marketing and Communications Director at The Top Secret."
"There are other newcomers in the online sample sale arena, but we set the standard in online sample sale advertising at TopButton.com," said co-founder of The Top Secret and Top Button, Michael Feldman."
"We really know about sample sales and have been providing consumers with information on top sales in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco for more than 11 years," said Dianna Feldman, co-founder of The Top Secret and Top Button. "
Usually, there are only two ways to gain access to this exclusive site: You must be invited by a friend or put yourself on the waiting list by filling out your information at www.Thetopsecret.com
But from now until December 29th we are offering Technology Starlet readers and friends the opportunity to instantly join The Top Secret by visiting www.TheTopSecret.com/exclusive. All you have to do is follow the link, fill in the required fields and you’re in.
The weather is cold, but at TheTopSecret.com, the lineup is hot. So do yourself a favor, visit www.TheTopSecret.com/exclusive right now and become a member today!
For more information about The Top Secret, visit www.TheTopSecret.com Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
She's glued to her desk 24/7, always twittering, texting, emailing, and trying to grow her career or business. Yes, the Professional Fashionista! She's stylish, she's career orientated and she loves gadgets.
Here are my picks for four Tech Geek Fabulous Gifts for the Professional Fashionista in you life.
This pocket sized (2 1/8"L x 1 3/8"W x 3/8"H) Wi-Fi detector can fit easily into a purse and can help anyone find the best location to access the mysterious public hotspot. One button click and you are on your way to the public connection you always dreamed of.
I love this On/Off Mug by Damian O'Sullivan. It's so cool! Whenever you put something hot inside of it it the mug will turn white with ON printed in black!
This is definitely a splurge, and if you are not feeling the economic crunch it may be a great option for you. The Herman Miller Aeron Posturefit Desk Chair is the most comfortable desk chair you will every sit in with cushy armrest and stretching materials that transform for any posture. High rated and coveted by people who work at home!
Lastly, the perfect gift for the Professional Fashionista in your life is the Lexphone Telephone where you can plug it up to your computer and use Skype software to talk to anyone in the world for free.
For more gift suggestions keep checking back or explore the Tech Geek Fashionista Holiday Gift Guide today! Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Monday, December 1, 2008
I'm excited to announce The Technology Starlet is partnering with Stylefeeder for The Technology Starlet chicBuds Holiday Gift Giveaway from December 1st through December 12, 2008, 12 am MST!
Two Stylefeeder users will receive 6, that's right SIX, chicBuds to give to your family and friends this holiday season. That's six gifts you won't have to buy!
- Were voted TOP 10 unique earphones by PC Magazine
- Are worn by celebrities such as Cindy Crawford.
- Incorporate Swarovski crystals and artwork by high-end designers.
- Have quality sound compatible with iPods, iPhones, airplane connectors, CD players, work-out machines, DVD players, computers, MP3 players… basically any listening device!
So how do you enter? It's super easy!
Smile! Email a picture (.jpg) of you in a super cute outfit using your favorite technology device to email@example.com. It can be a ipod, your mobile phone or a laptop!
Make sure you let me know what you are wearing down to the accessories and what device you are using because I'll be posting your pictures here and at my blog.
If you don't have one, sign up for a Stylefeeder account and Add Me To Your Watchlist.
Comment on this post with a link to your Stylefeeder Profile.
So what are you waiting for, smile and pose for your chance to win The Technology Starlet chicBuds Holiday Gift Giveaway. You have until 12:00 am MST December 12 the to enter your comments here! Winners will be chosen randomly on December 13th and products will be shipped on the 14th. Only available to USA entries. Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Posted by Tierra M Wilson at 12:00 AM
Friday, November 28, 2008
If you are out holiday shopping today I have a really cool Black Friday giveaway tip for you over at Gear Live. Go into Dillard’s online or in the store or to a local Fred Meyer store and purchase a pair of chicBuds before midnight PST on today. Next email a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and the first 100 people to send in their receipt will receive a free pair of chicBuds shipped to them.
So what are chicBuds? chicBuds are cool retractable earphones for your iPod, iPhone, or just about anything that incorporate fashion, technology, and Swarovski Crystals into their sleek design. Worn by Cindy Crawford and voted as one of the TOP 10 unique earphones by PC Magazine, this is one giveaway a Tech Geek Fashionista shouldn't miss!
Remember, It's only available to US residents...
However, If you miss the contest no worries, starting on Monday The Technology Starlet will be having a fabulous chicBuds giveaway! Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
We all know them, it’s The Stressed Out Diva who lives on drama, creates a scene, and always seems to be working on a deadline. But whether it’s your best friend or a loved one, we can’t live without them in our lives. They make things a little more exciting each day and are great listeners too; even if they add in their two cents every now and then!
Here are my picks for five Tech Geek Fabulous Gifts for that the Stressed Out Diva In Your Life.
Sneak this ultra soft baby under your desk at work or use it at home while watching Lipstick Jungle and you are sure to relax as thousands of micro-beads message or foot or leg. Definitely a winner and fab for a TGF..
The StressEraser uses infrared finger sensors to detect your pulse rate and help you relax using breathing techniques and audio tones. Perfect for a stressed out Diva who needs to "chill".
Feeling yourself stressing out at your job? No problemo, just use this USB Heating blanket to warm up and relax.. but be careful, don't get caught napping on the job.
What better way to end your day than a 16 bottle Wine Refrigerator with 16 perfectly cooled bottles of wine ready for you to wind down? It's quite, geeky with temp displays, and faboulous, like a Diva should be!
Stop by each week for the Tech Geek Fashionista Holiday Gift Guide! A Holiday Gift Guide for all of your loved one’s personalities including:
- The Stressed Out Diva
- The Professional Fashionista
- The College Socialite
- The Sophisticated Mother
- The Metrosexual Buddy
- The Fabulous Boss Lady
- The Gossip Girl
- The Artistic Stylist
Monday, November 24, 2008
Check it out... http://tech-chic.glam.com/intel/en/index.html
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Prada and LG just released the new Prada Phone by LG. It’s sleek, it’s new, and looks to be just as popular as the first one… but this is not a cell phone blog so why are we talking about a Prada Phone? Well the Prada Phone by LG threw the watch world a fast one by including a new accessory with the phone, The Prada Link, a digital watch that links directly to the phone.
The Prada Link has a 48 hour standby time and a 2.5 hour charging time. It’s made of stainless steel metal and has a genuine leather strap and 3 ATM of water resistance. Although the Prada Link only has three buttons on the right, those three buttons can do a lot including....
Read More of My Post at The Watch Digest
Monday, November 10, 2008
Great links from our friends over at Independent Fashion Bloggers.... one of my fave sites. By the way; check out my recent contributing post there entitled Fashion Bloggers Claim Your Media Credentials Today!
- A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops has just ordered the Ultimate Digital Goody from Vivienne Tam!
- Agent Lover - Mad Crushin’ on the magical world of photographer Kate O’Brien
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - The Devil Wears Etsy (Prada, Eat Your Heart Out)– handmade plaids from emerging artists and designers on Etsy.
- Dogmom’s Dish - Understanding Kawakubo Mania @ Harajuku’s H&M
- dramatis personae - Blood Rhinestone Productions (a burlesque troupe) shares with us: 15 Tips on How to be a Burlesque Superstar!
- eye4style - Luxe leather and wool line Mackage launches mens outerwear.
- fashion in my eyes - Welcome to my world
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Fashion Pulse dishes on Chanel’s Spring 2009 Collection!
- Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy - Gloves: short, medium length and long- fabulous looks with gloves for Fall and Winter!
- Fushion Magazine - Get “fringed” out this season.
- In Life and In Fashion - All Bundled Up: Shopping for the perfect cold-weather coat
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - Fashion Bloggers Claim Your Media Credentials Today
- Iole in fashion - Bad Hair Day
- Little Black Book - The False Lash Revolution: Think false lashes are a bit boring? Shu Uemura has you covered…
- Mademoiselle Robot - How to make a good first impression.
- Or False Glitter - A Polaroid aided shoe sort
- poetic & chic - Review of the Yves Saint Laurent exhibition at its one and only American venue - the MH de Young Museum in San Francisco!
- Retro Chick - Top 5 funky wellies for Autumn
- Shopping and Info - Spotted: Kim Kardashian, Ashley Olsen, and Kate Moss all wearing black on the same day.
- Style Discovery - Songy’s thoughts on the presidential election, racial issues and diversity in the fashion/style blogsphere.
- Technology Starlet - Move Over Size Zero, Slim and Sleek Gadgets Are Taking Over The Catwalk
- THE COVETED - The Coveted finds happiness with celebratory socks.
- The Life and Times of a Problem Child - A certain tendency towards nostalgia and an affinity for white shirts.
- Your Style Star - Style Star takes on the mullet dress.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Hey guys... I've never been so happy not to post! I am going to be covering Scottsdale Fashion Week from November 6 until November 9th. I have been waiting for the event for months and I am so excited to have been able to get access to all the shows.
Anyway...I will be covering the entire week which means I won't be blogging here again until Monday. But I will be posting on every inch, nook and cranny of Scottsdale Fashion Week over at my personal blog.. www.tierramwilson.com.
Please don't hesitate to stop by and check me out.Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I tried not to get too political on The Technology Starlet, but today is an important day for me. This morning I woke up and a black man was President. And not just any black man, a great black man, Barack Obama....
So in tribute here is my Barack Obama Collage
Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Technology geeks, CEO's and silicon start ups from around the globe got together for the Gitex Technology Week 2008 at the Dubai World Trade Centre…and boy were they in for a pleasant surprise...
Meet Gadget Glam, a runway fashion show for electronics where girls strut down the runway carrying the latest laptops, slender mobile phones, and desktop computers. Gadget Glam, the brainchild of G2 Publishing & Media and Gitex organizers was a way to "...add flavour, bring some excitement" according to Mahmoud Boksmati, the regional manager of G2.
In its second year Gadget Glam put on a two hour show three times a day to funky music...in the middle of coders, database geeks, and server salespeople. According to my source, they even winked at conference attendees and had some men scrambling for their camera phones.
Okay, can you guys believe this?? Gadget modeling. I just want to say that I started this blog in 2007, way before this stuff hit mainstream media, before Vivene Tam's "digital clutch hit the runway" and before the geek chic stylish revolution ... I think I deserve a pat on the back…Here's a peek at the show:
Hey, maybe I should be a Gadget model, what do you guys think?Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
- 39thandbroadway - Career advice for those working their booties off in fashion!
- A Few Goody GumDrops - Tells us Black Sinner Lipstick and Shine are not just for Halloween!
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - Get personal with these fab photo finds from indie jewelry artists.
- dapper kid - Short essay on the history of modeling and fashion shows…
- dramatis personae - No Need to Wig Out
- Fashion Architect - This is what a fashion architect’s room looks like
- fashion in my eyes - Field of dreams,Natalia Vodianova and her family in Vogue…
- Fashion Pulse Daily - LA Fashion Week: we review the west coast style vibes from several designers, including Crispin & Basilio, Whitley Kros, and Lauren Conrad.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - Stand out from the crowd by refining your unique voice
- Iole in fashion - Exaggereted, huge, cumbersome, xxl, warm, heavy, bulky: they’re the coats to choose this winter.
- Mademoiselle Robot - An interview with the fabulous Broken Hearts, perfect Halloween inspiration!
- O.M.O. Writes - As the temps drop, our affinity for fur increases! Check out the luxe looks on the street and runways…
- Retro Chick - Halloween celebrations with Style
- ShopDiary - reviews Lancôme’s Ôscillation Vibrating Powermascara. Amazing!
- Shopping and Info - Lots of celebrities are wearing Minnetonkas now.
- Technology Starlet - Will Technology Let You Buy Without Trying It On?
- THE COVETED - Need a costume? Check your closet… there might be a 60’s housewife in there…
Posted by Tierra M Wilson at 6:55 AM
- 39thandbroadway - Review of “designer” Lauren Conrad’s underwhelming collection
- A Celebration of Curves - Women wearing wide widths can have shoes (glorious shoes) with both style and comfort.
- A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops Introduces you to FLABuLESS…Your arms will look Fabulous!
- Add Bubbles To Taste - How to shop– politely.
- Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy - Checks out the cutest new scents in existence
- Debutante Clothing :: The Deblog - Rosamond Bernier brings her vintage haute couture to Yoox.com
- Dirty Laundry - Thrift shopping tips + tricks: How to keep your hands clean doing such a dirty job.
- Dogmom’s Dish - Clinton Kelly Is Freakin’ Fabulous
- fashion in my eyes - One day in Tokyo with Devon Aoki
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Fashion Pulse: Take a walk on the wild side with leopard print for spring!
- Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy - Color inspiration for Fall from Richard Chai
- In Life and In Fashion - Shop From Your Own Closet: How to Refresh Your Wardrobe when Your Wallet is Light
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - A Matter Of Integrity
- Little Miss Dress Up - Their Way, Your Way: Recreate your favorite fashion blogger’s style and win a bag from ARANAZ Manila!
- Logical Harmony - Winter Style Dos & Don’ts From Michael Kors
- Mademoiselle Robot - Wardrobe must haves for fashion savvy girls.
- PONY RYDER - exclusive interview with fashion model irina miccoli a.k.a. irina lyshova.
- Retro Chick - Retro Chick Style Icon: Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- ShopDiary - 20% off deal on Gerard Darel bags.
- SwanDiamondRose - Beautifully Worn fashion photo show in NYC.
- Tainted & Sweet… - Lily Cole in French Playboy!!
- THE COVETED - Halloween in My Closet: Part 1
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
We all knew it was coming... especially Luke Plunkett, a Kotaku, who started the buzz back in June... Microsoft's New Xbox experience will be allowing avatars to purchase products from the Avatar Shop.
I know gaming isn't really my subject matter, but could you imagine the possibilities if the fashion industry started to think like this? Could you imagine walking into a virtual store and spinning around in a 360 view and picking up things off of shelves? Could you imagine actually trying on clothes virtually with an avatar that has your exact measurements? Could you imagine walking up to a virtual clerk and purchasing online? Could you imagine a week later you get a package on your front door?
The possibilities are endless.
Monday, October 27, 2008
New technology, OptiTex software, is allowing fashion designers to simulate real fabrics on their computer monitors... even seeing how the fabric will behave as a model walks down the runway. Read more at Fortune's writer Jon Fortt's blog Big Tech.Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Courture Cart is an e-commerce shopping cart designed for fashionistas and fashionistos who want open their own online boutique. The company has been focusing on assisting fashion retailers market their website for a number of years and the resounding complaint has been shopping cart solutions.
These guys were able to use this info to strategically position themselves as the only e-commerce shopping cart built exclusively for fashion retailers.
Unfortunately... why hadn't anyone thought of this? E-commerce and fashion go hand in hand, it's just sad to see fashion still so far behind in technology. Tyler Eagleton from CoutureCart made this statement...
"With CoutureCart, adding product and managing styles is simple...Adding multiple photos and sale options is also streamlined. We've also made importing product from a current site a breeze. It's exactly what fashion retailers have been asking for!"Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I need a social media fashionista to partner with me and do social bookmarking for companies...
Read the job description and let me know if you are interested or if you know someone who is.
Please note... before you apply for this job have experience with blogging and social bookmarking.
What i need done:
I need someone to go to all the blog posts I do around the web and summarize the articles into 2 to 3 compelling sentences and submit them to Digg, Propeller, del.icio.us, and magnolia...daily.
What I already have versus what the provider will build:
I already have the accounts set up and the articles written... you just have to bookmark them. It should take you 1 to 3 minutes per article. I will share a google calender with you to keep both of us on track.
Other context/requirements that providers will need to know:
I do about 29 blog posts per week for a number of companies dealing with luxury, jewelry, style, and fashion.
Specific expertise that I am seeking:
English speaking fashion columnist and/or blogger with funny and witty content. I'm not a technical writer and I need someone who can add a human element to this project. Someone who is passionate about fashion, style, and jewelry!
Timeframe for delivery:
You can choose to bookmark daily or to bulk bookmark at the end of the week, however it needs to be done by the end of each week.
Depending on your preference payment can be done by a paypal invoice emailed to me. Please state how much you would charge for this job.. because I have no idea.
payment will be paid at the end of each month.
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Please state in application how much you would charge for this job
PostingID: 886643511 Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Suzy Menkes interview with CNN... the ultimate fashion editior... 20 years with Hearld Tribune has made her an icon. She talks about the economy and how she started as a fashion columnist, blogger, editor, and designer.... a must watch for fashionistas and fashion industry professionals.
Can't see the video? Check it out here: http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2008/10/17/ic.oct.16.bk.b.cnn Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Today is blog action day and any excuse I have to talk about Hippo Water Rollers is a good day for me (see my previous post).
A Hippo Water Rollers is a 22lb device that allows anyone to transport 24 gallons of water in less time and with greater ease. This is like a giving free healthcare to an American... many natives in other countries carry 5 gallon buckets on their head to get water to their communities causing havoc on their bodies, on their lives, and on their health... The Hippo Water Roller Project aims to solve that problem.
Hippo Water Rollers makes it possible to gather gallons of water 5x's the amount possible than traditional methods. A single roller carries enough of the needed liquid to meet the basic requirements for 5 people per day.
I love and support The Hippo Water Project and I encourage all my readers to get involved today by donating money to the project and helping thousands break free from poverty, one roller cost $100 and last up to 7 years. If you can't provide monetary aide, partner with The Hippo Water Project, volunteer, or just spread the word.
Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Hello Faithful Readers! I am proud to announce my new website for my freelance services, self entitled... www.tierramwilson.com. What will you find there?
- My Writing Samples
- List of Clients
- Contact Info
- Portfolio from my Asst Fashion Styling Positions (coming soon)
- ....And More About Me!
Check me out today and let me know what you guys think...
Tierra M Wilson Like This? Love This? Let me know!
I ran across this new gadget and I think my hubby would stay out of the bathroom forever if I bought this... the 360 degree mirror. For about $40 this bad boy has seven mirror panels for full coverage. The central mirror lights up and it can be mounted with suction cups or screws. The dimensions are 9x6x2 1/2"... three AAA batters needed.
Wanna purchase? This Google search will direct you to the right place. Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Brides.com, a Conde Nast publication, will be coming to your Nokia N75 on October 17th. How? Brides.com come will be bringing future brides live video streaming of current bridal fashions straight from the runway using Flixwagon video technology. For more information visit my source at Market Watch or wait for the release of the cool feature at Brides.com blog, Wedded Bits. Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Chictopia.com is a hot website where you can upload pictures of yourself representing your personal fashion style.... kinda like a do it yourself Satorialist. You can also browse pictures by body type.. which I think is pretty cool. They also have a blog, Everybody is Ugly, "Because without style, everybody is ugly", which offers advice about new products and what's happening in the fashion world. Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Cool website, 15 Minutes of Andy Warhol, has some fabulous watches some fabulous watches featuring the artist designs, including the Nothing Special Andy061 watch shown in Bon Apetit Magazine... which is out of stock by the way. Here are a few of my favorites.. and a lot of them are between $35 - $45 ... a few are over $100.