It's time to spring clean spring green your gadgets! The 2008 Greener Gadgets Conference, held on Feb 1st in NY, NY, had a lot of interesting booths, presentations, and designs to help all of us green up our gadgets. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the conference.
1. Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
2. The Project H Booth. I love these guys, they are known for the Hippo Roller (See top picture on wall). You can donate 100 dollars to their company to give a Hippo Roller to someone in a country that needs it. Hippo Rollers help natives fetch water faster and quicker than the traditional way. Project H is a charitable organization that focuses on "product design initiatives for Humanity, Habitats, Health, and Happiness".
3. CEA Green Electronics. As you can see this is the Consumer Electronics Association own gadget recycling program. You can visit them online at My Green Electronics.
4. The Volatic Solar Backpack raffle. I wish I was there to grab this baby. This backpack uses mobile solar power generators to virtually charge all of your hand held electronics. You can get one yourself in different styles and color ranging from $199 - $599. (click link above to check it out)
5. Nokia's Eco Gadgets: The idea behind this mobile phone and watch like device is call the Nokia Eco Sensor Concept. What it is is a mobile phone that comes with a compatible sensing device that can send shared environment data like your health and local environment to people you connect with. There are two parts to the concept, a wearable sensor unit that analyzes everything and a dedicated mobile phone. The sensor is cool because it's made of solar cells. Read more about this from the source Nokia.
There is also a video about the Nokia sensor device on YouTube from the CES conference. See below.
Powered by QumanaLike This? Love This? Let me know!