Monday, April 20, 2009

TMobile Sidekick LX: Style Meet Technology

Recently a fashion blogger friend (Jordana from Clutch 22) of mine sent me a great lead about the new T Mobile Sidekick LX launching in exactly 22 days as she was on her way to New York to check it out. Being a technology and fashion gal... I had to see what she was raving about.

But first, let's reminisce on the top 3 T-Mobile Sidekick fashion moments that made us fall in love with the most famous celebrity cell phone in the first place:

Number 3: Sidekick Bling

Not sure when it started, but adding crystals to a T-Mobile sidekick changed the game. All of a sudden everyone wanted to bling out their phones... but unfortunately... nothing looks as good as the Sidekick and Swarovski Crystals…no matter how hard you try…and trust me I’ve tried.


Number 2: Celebrity Style Wars

Celebrities love to be the first to have it all. Famous people who carry Sidekicks today? How about Hillary Duff, Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, and Rachel Bilson.... just to name a few.


Number 1 Sidekick Moment.. (drum roll please): Paris Hilton Sidekick Hack

Remember back in 2005 when Parish Hilton's Sidekick was hacked and all the dirty details were leaked and posted on the internet? The Queen of making accessories out of the most unlikely things was probably the poster child for fashion and technology... believe it or not, the incident made the Sidekick even more famous..

So what can you expect from the new Sidekick LX?

Social Networking Galore
One of my biggest frustrations about cell phones is the slow updating to my social media websites. I want to post what I'm doing as I'm doing... not afterwards. T-Mobile introduces 3G enabled Social Networking Apps that let you network and interact with friends on the go.

GPS for the rest of us
Okay.. I can't go anywhere without my GPS. I get lost everywhere I go. Actually, me and my good friend Tammar actually have an in car reality tv show (imaginary of course) that showcases all our driving mishaps.... and boy do we have a lot of them. T-Mobile introduces live search, assisted directions, and geotagging of your images.

Looking Good
My last favorite feature has to do with style. No one wants to carry around a phone anymore that doesn't look great. The new Sidekick LX will be the thinnest with the largest screen and an amazing 3.2 MP camera with autofocus and flash.

Check out the features for yourself and also check out Jordana's post over at Clutch 22 to get all the details. Like This? Love This? Let me know!

Independent Fashion Bloggers/