If you are out holiday shopping today I have a really cool Black Friday giveaway tip for you over at Gear Live. Go into Dillard’s online or in the store or to a local Fred Meyer store and purchase a pair of chicBuds before midnight PST on today. Next email a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and the first 100 people to send in their receipt will receive a free pair of chicBuds shipped to them.
So what are chicBuds? chicBuds are cool retractable earphones for your iPod, iPhone, or just about anything that incorporate fashion, technology, and Swarovski Crystals into their sleek design. Worn by Cindy Crawford and voted as one of the TOP 10 unique earphones by PC Magazine, this is one giveaway a Tech Geek Fashionista shouldn't miss!
Remember, It's only available to US residents...
However, If you miss the contest no worries, starting on Monday The Technology Starlet will be having a fabulous chicBuds giveaway! Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
We all know them, it’s The Stressed Out Diva who lives on drama, creates a scene, and always seems to be working on a deadline. But whether it’s your best friend or a loved one, we can’t live without them in our lives. They make things a little more exciting each day and are great listeners too; even if they add in their two cents every now and then!
Here are my picks for five Tech Geek Fabulous Gifts for that the Stressed Out Diva In Your Life.
Sneak this ultra soft baby under your desk at work or use it at home while watching Lipstick Jungle and you are sure to relax as thousands of micro-beads message or foot or leg. Definitely a winner and fab for a TGF..
The StressEraser uses infrared finger sensors to detect your pulse rate and help you relax using breathing techniques and audio tones. Perfect for a stressed out Diva who needs to "chill".
Feeling yourself stressing out at your job? No problemo, just use this USB Heating blanket to warm up and relax.. but be careful, don't get caught napping on the job.
What better way to end your day than a 16 bottle Wine Refrigerator with 16 perfectly cooled bottles of wine ready for you to wind down? It's quite, geeky with temp displays, and faboulous, like a Diva should be!
Stop by each week for the Tech Geek Fashionista Holiday Gift Guide! A Holiday Gift Guide for all of your loved one’s personalities including:
- The Stressed Out Diva
- The Professional Fashionista
- The College Socialite
- The Sophisticated Mother
- The Metrosexual Buddy
- The Fabulous Boss Lady
- The Gossip Girl
- The Artistic Stylist
Monday, November 24, 2008
Check it out... http://tech-chic.glam.com/intel/en/index.html
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Prada and LG just released the new Prada Phone by LG. It’s sleek, it’s new, and looks to be just as popular as the first one… but this is not a cell phone blog so why are we talking about a Prada Phone? Well the Prada Phone by LG threw the watch world a fast one by including a new accessory with the phone, The Prada Link, a digital watch that links directly to the phone.
The Prada Link has a 48 hour standby time and a 2.5 hour charging time. It’s made of stainless steel metal and has a genuine leather strap and 3 ATM of water resistance. Although the Prada Link only has three buttons on the right, those three buttons can do a lot including....
Read More of My Post at The Watch Digest
Monday, November 10, 2008
Great links from our friends over at Independent Fashion Bloggers.... one of my fave sites. By the way; check out my recent contributing post there entitled Fashion Bloggers Claim Your Media Credentials Today!
- A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops has just ordered the Ultimate Digital Goody from Vivienne Tam!
- Agent Lover - Mad Crushin’ on the magical world of photographer Kate O’Brien
- Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - The Devil Wears Etsy (Prada, Eat Your Heart Out)– handmade plaids from emerging artists and designers on Etsy.
- Dogmom’s Dish - Understanding Kawakubo Mania @ Harajuku’s H&M
- dramatis personae - Blood Rhinestone Productions (a burlesque troupe) shares with us: 15 Tips on How to be a Burlesque Superstar!
- eye4style - Luxe leather and wool line Mackage launches mens outerwear.
- fashion in my eyes - Welcome to my world
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Fashion Pulse dishes on Chanel’s Spring 2009 Collection!
- Flights of Fab Fashion Fancy - Gloves: short, medium length and long- fabulous looks with gloves for Fall and Winter!
- Fushion Magazine - Get “fringed” out this season.
- In Life and In Fashion - All Bundled Up: Shopping for the perfect cold-weather coat
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - Fashion Bloggers Claim Your Media Credentials Today
- Iole in fashion - Bad Hair Day
- Little Black Book - The False Lash Revolution: Think false lashes are a bit boring? Shu Uemura has you covered…
- Mademoiselle Robot - How to make a good first impression.
- Or False Glitter - A Polaroid aided shoe sort
- poetic & chic - Review of the Yves Saint Laurent exhibition at its one and only American venue - the MH de Young Museum in San Francisco!
- Retro Chick - Top 5 funky wellies for Autumn
- Shopping and Info - Spotted: Kim Kardashian, Ashley Olsen, and Kate Moss all wearing black on the same day.
- Style Discovery - Songy’s thoughts on the presidential election, racial issues and diversity in the fashion/style blogsphere.
- Technology Starlet - Move Over Size Zero, Slim and Sleek Gadgets Are Taking Over The Catwalk
- THE COVETED - The Coveted finds happiness with celebratory socks.
- The Life and Times of a Problem Child - A certain tendency towards nostalgia and an affinity for white shirts.
- Your Style Star - Style Star takes on the mullet dress.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Hey guys... I've never been so happy not to post! I am going to be covering Scottsdale Fashion Week from November 6 until November 9th. I have been waiting for the event for months and I am so excited to have been able to get access to all the shows.
Anyway...I will be covering the entire week which means I won't be blogging here again until Monday. But I will be posting on every inch, nook and cranny of Scottsdale Fashion Week over at my personal blog.. www.tierramwilson.com.
Please don't hesitate to stop by and check me out.Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I tried not to get too political on The Technology Starlet, but today is an important day for me. This morning I woke up and a black man was President. And not just any black man, a great black man, Barack Obama....
So in tribute here is my Barack Obama Collage
Like This? Love This? Let me know!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Technology geeks, CEO's and silicon start ups from around the globe got together for the Gitex Technology Week 2008 at the Dubai World Trade Centre…and boy were they in for a pleasant surprise...
Meet Gadget Glam, a runway fashion show for electronics where girls strut down the runway carrying the latest laptops, slender mobile phones, and desktop computers. Gadget Glam, the brainchild of G2 Publishing & Media and Gitex organizers was a way to "...add flavour, bring some excitement" according to Mahmoud Boksmati, the regional manager of G2.
In its second year Gadget Glam put on a two hour show three times a day to funky music...in the middle of coders, database geeks, and server salespeople. According to my source, they even winked at conference attendees and had some men scrambling for their camera phones.
Okay, can you guys believe this?? Gadget modeling. I just want to say that I started this blog in 2007, way before this stuff hit mainstream media, before Vivene Tam's "digital clutch hit the runway" and before the geek chic stylish revolution ... I think I deserve a pat on the back…Here's a peek at the show:
Hey, maybe I should be a Gadget model, what do you guys think?Like This? Love This? Let me know!